Chicken Zucchini Lasagna
4 medium zucchini
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or diced
1 can petite diced tomato
2 garlic cloves
1 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. fresh basil
1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup grated parmesan
1 cup grated mozzeralla
- Par-boil zucchini for 3 to 5 minutes and then transfer to ice bath to cool. Slice lengthwise 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, add fresh garlic, and maintain until it barely starts to turn brown. Add a can of tomatoes and simmer on medium low for 10 minutes. Add fresh basil.
- Mix yogurt, cheeses, and egg.
- Put a little of the tomato mixture in a baking dish. Place sliced zucchini next as the first layer. Spoon yogurt mixture over the zucchini as layer two. The tomato sauce becomes the third layer.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.